RCSB Protein Data Bank (RCSB PDB) enables breakthroughs in science and education by providing access and tools for exploration, visualization, and analysis of:
Experimentally-determined 3D structures from the Protein Data Bank (PDB) archive
Computed Structure Models (CSM) from AlphaFold DB and ModelArchive
These data can be explored in context of external annotations providing a structural view of biology.
February Molecule of the Month
Crystal structure of human PURA (fragment Glu57-Glu212, PUR repeat I and II)
Crystal Structure of apo human cyclic GMP-AMP synthase
Chaetomium thermophilum Methionine Aminopeptidase 2 at the 80S ribosome
Crystal structure of prefusion-stabilized RSV F Variant DS-Cav1 in complex with Lonafarnib
Nucleoside 2'deoxyribosyltransferase from Chroococcidiopsis thermalis PCC 7203 E88A Mutant
Cryo-EM structure of a full-length, native Drp1 dimer
Crystal structure of the xhNup93-Nb4i VHH antibody
Alpha7-nicotinic acetylcholine receptor time resolved bound to epibatidine and PNU-120596 asymmetric state 1
Spike/Nb2 complex with 1 RBD up
Alpha7-nicotinic acetylcholine receptor bound to epibatidine and (-)-TQS
Features & Highlights
Register for the March 28 Office Hour to Ask A Biocurator
Want to learn more about deposition, validation, and biocuration? Join us for a virtual office hour and bring YOUR questions about OneDep, pdb_extract, the PDBx/mmCIF format, five-character CCD IDs, and more.
Use a Python Package to Access the RCSB PDB Search API
Perform Advanced Search queries through a Pythonic interface
Notice: NGL Viewer Deprecation
As of June 28, 2024, the NGL molecular viewer will be removed from RCSB.org. Users are encouraged to use Mol* for 3D visualization.
Undergrads: Spend your summer with RCSB PDB
RISE at Rutgers is a nationally acclaimed summer research program for outstanding undergraduates from diverse backgrounds. Applications are now open.
Switch from MMTF to BCIF
As of July 2, 2024, RCSB PDB will no longer serve PDB data in the MMTF compression format. Users should switch to BCIF.
Resources for Supporting the Extended PDB ID Format (pdb_00001abc)
Users and related software will need to transition to the extended PDB ID format and PDBx/mmCIF file format by 2029
Applications Open for Director
Distinguished scientists focused on 3D structures of biological macromolecules are invited to apply for this position with the RCSB PDB at Rutgers University.
Time-stamped Copies of PDB and EMDB Archives
Snapshots of the PDB and EMDB Core archives as of January 2024 are available.
Improved Depositor Experience Using ORCiD
ORCiD summary table improvements include expanded details and a sorting function
See new feature archive
- Read about wwPDB validation improvements on NMR restraint analysis with standardized NEF and NMR-STAR formats» 02/23/2024
- Read about new community recommendations developed at a workshop on cryoEM structure deposition and validation» 02/20/2024
- PDB-101 materials explore the structural biology of athletics and well-being» 02/16/2024
- Read how the NextGen Archive provides centralized access to integrated annotations and enriched structural information» 02/14/2024
- Download the collection» 02/11/2024
- Visit poster B509 on Mon Feb 12 for exploring CSMs at RCSB.org and poster B533 on Wed Feb 14 for teaching and learning about symmetry» 02/06/2024
- PDB structures reveal how cell growth is normally controlled, and how cancer cells circumvent these essential controls» 02/01/2024
- Learn the latest data visualization methods and techniques» 01/30/2024
- Join RCSB PDB to learn how to Visualize Biomolecular structures with Mol*: From Atoms to Movies» 01/19/2024
- Have questions about how to use RCSB.org? Join us for a virtual Office Hour.» 01/16/2024
Molecule of the Month
Quarterly News (see archive)
In this issue: Spring Training Opportunities; 5-character CCD IDs; SACNAS/ABRCMS Report; and more.
In the Education Corner, learn about Bringing Proteins to Life: Exploring Protein Structures with Interactive Jmol Views.