Upcoming Meeting: PDB Symposium at ACS
On Sunday, August 22 at 1:30 p.m., The PDB and Chemistry symposium will be held as part of the American Chemical Society's Fall National Meeting (Boston Convention & Exhibition Center, Room 157C).
Symposium presenters will explore all aspects of the chemical components found in the PDB archive:
- wwPDB: An organization that provides macromolecular structural data to the global community (Helen M. Berman, RCSB PDB)
- The wwPDB Common Annotation and Deposition Tool project (Martha Quesada, RCSB PDB)
- Small molecule resources and search tools at the PDB (John Westbrook and Dimitris Dimitropoulos, RCSB PDB)
- Remediation of PDB entries containing molecules with antibiotic and inhibitory pharmacological properties (Kim Henrick, PDBe)
- The synergies of the PDB and the CSD (Tjelvar S.G. Olsson, CCDC)
- Iridium: prepping PDB data for use in computation chemistry software development (Greg Warren, OpenEye)
- Challenges in positioning, validation, annotation and visualization of chemical compounds bound to proteins (Ruben Abagyan, UCSD)
A presentation on Using molecular structures from the PDB for a visual and exploratory learning experience in biochemistry will be part of the Advances in Teaching afternoon session on Tuesday, August 24 from 1:30 p.m. - 5:15 p.m. in the Seaport Hotel Ballroom A.