Celebrate DNA Day on April 25
National DNA Day is celebrating the 15th anniversary of the completion of the Human Genome Project in 2018! On April 25th, students, teachers and the public can learn more about how advances in genetics and genomics have changed people's lives and what the future holds.
- Creating a paper model of DNA (available in English and Spanish from PDB-101)
- Visiting the National Human Genome Research Institute's DNA Day website for teaching tools, chatroom, and webcasts
- Extracting DNA in your kitchen (strawberries recommended; you can pound them in a plastic bag instead of using the blender)
- Watching the NSF's Chalk Talk: DNA
- Exploring Molecule of the Month features on DNA, Designed DNA Crystal, DNA Polymerase, and more at PDB-101